Sunday, February 2, 2014

February Craft Book Sew-Along Link Up

Welcome to the second month of my Craft Book Sew-Along! I am so sorry this is a little late, I have a sick kiddo and we have been house hunting all weekend. It's a little crazy around here!

A few highlights from January's link-up are Jessica's Bluebird Park Baby Quilt


And Wendy's Spiral Rope bead necklace


Thank you to all of you who linked up your projects in January, they were beautiful! If you didn't get a chance to look through the projects, you can see them all here

The winner of the Patchwork Please! book is #6 - Judy of Stoney Lonesome Sew Works. I will be sending you an email soon Judy! Congrats!


For February I used a book I found at the library, but now fully intend to add to my stash. Stitch Savvy by Deborah Moebes, is a great beginner to intermediate sewist book, with 25 different projects in it ranging from kids' clothes, to purses and bags and even women's clothing. I love how she has each project grouped into tiers based on their difficulty. And after each project she gives you suggestions on which project you can try next based on techniques you learned from the previous project. 

I made the Classy Lady Elbow Bag as a gift for my fellow bee mate Hannah. The pattern was well written, although I found a few issues with the pattern pieces. If you make this bag, you want to make sure to cut the gusset piece on the fold of the fabric with the widest part on the fold, the "Fold" was not printed on the pattern piece of the gusset. Also the placement of the buttons were not on the pattern piece, as the instructions said, but that was easy to figure out. 


What I love about this bag is the cover pattern that comes along with it. So you can make one bag with unlimited covers to change up depending on your mood. I hope Hannah loved her bag, and I think I will definitely be making myself one too. It's too cute!


This month, Stitch Craft Create has generously donated a copy of Quilting Modern to one lucky participant. To be eligible to win you have all month to make a project from one of your craft books and link it up at the end of this post. You can use any craft book of your choice, this is not only open to sewists or quilters, feel free to link up your crocheted, knitted, or any other crafty project you make.

Giveaway Rules:
  • Make a project from a craft book or magazine and either write a blog post or post a picture of your project on Flickr. Then link your project to the link party at the end of this post. You can enter up to two different projects, just make sure to link them separately.If you are not sure how to link up a project, you can check out this tutorial I found from Bargain Hoot.
  • If you are making quilt blocks (or scrapbook pages) pleas make enough blocks/pages to fill a 12x24 inch space. 
  • This is open to everyone, but I am going to ask international participants to pay for shipping on the prize if they win. 
  • The link party will be open until 11:59 PM Central February 28th. 
  • You can read more find more information about the Sew-Along on this post

Thank you so much to Stitch Craft Create for sponsoring this month's prize. You can find many free sewing and knitting related projects on their Stitch Craft Create Ideas blog.

Please feel free to share this Sew-Along, grab the button below and be sure to join the Craft Book Sew-Along Flickr group!

Craft Book Sew Along at Live. Love. Create.




6 comments

February 4, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Thanks for showing off my quilt! I love your new bag! Great fabrics.

February 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM

What terrific bags...I love the raccoons...have a thing for woodland critters.

February 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I forgot I did this one last month cause I hadn't made a blog post about it yet, can you delete it, I am adding my other one.

February 18, 2014 at 3:58 AM

thank you for featuring my necklace! Love your bag

February 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Hi, I wanted to add another link, but the linky won't load. I've tried from several different computers now... could you please add me? http://thecraftersapprentice.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/wild-tiles.html
thanks!

wendy

February 24, 2014 at 2:37 AM

I do not have books, but magazines have a lot ...
I can participate with a seam of "Patterns" magazine (Spain)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...