Wednesday, January 22, 2014

W.I.P. Wednesday

Yay! I am finally on time for an edition of WIP Wednesday! I have a lot going on here in my sewing world, as do most of the sewists I know. My guild is starting up a new WOW (War on WIPs) this year so I am trying to get some of my longest WIPs geared up to get done. Like maybe my boys' quilts from 2012? But in order to get those done, I have to get a few, BIG projects out of the way. 

My first WIP is a semi-secret. I have a spot on Moda Bakeshop next month and I get to work with the gorgeous Sphere by Zen Chic. I was almost done with my project and then I decided to make it bigger... because, I needed the stress I think. 



I did get my February project done for my Craft Book Sew-Along. It was for a quilt/quilt bee friend and I loved how it turned out. I will have many more pictures plus a review of the book it came from on my February Craft Book Sew-Along post. But here's a least a sneak peak. And there is still time to get something finished for my January link-up! You may win the book Patchwork Please!


And lastly I started stitching along with Little Miss Shabby's Quilty Stitches Sampler Along. I grabbed my embroidery floss and dug out my embroidery hoops and have been working on the sash, which is a little boring, but necessary. I do love my colors I grabbed, and I can't wait to start on some blocks. Maybe I will skip to a few blocks now to keep my interest going. 


So what have you been working on? I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced, maybe... it looks like WIP Wednesday isn't up yet though.  

6 comments

January 23, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Can't wait to see your finished project at Moda Bake Shop. So curious about your ideas! Warm regards, Brigitte from ZEN CHIC

January 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM

That Sphere fabric does look yummy, can't wait for your Moda BakeShop reveal...your 1st, right? YAY!!!!

I love how excited everyone is with our WOW, this is going to be a great year to get those projects finished.

January 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM

stopping by for the WIP ,, your busy.. I better catch up

January 23, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Look forward to what you make with Sphere. I have a fat eighth bundle. Love the line.

January 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Looking forward to the Moda Bake Shop reveal! Looks like a great quilt!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

January 24, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Oooh, I check Moda Bake Shop all the time-can't wait to see your quilt. I am doing the craft book sew a long-just a local version called the Library Project-same idea though!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...