Wednesday, March 27, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday

I am not working much on quilty things lately. With Easter approaching I decided to make dolls for the kids. So each night I have been sewing away on their dolls, and I hope to get them done by Friday, when the Easter bunny is visiting us since mommy has a Sew-In all day on Saturday (YAY!!) I am using the John doll and Mae doll patterns from Bit of Whimsy dolls. The patterns are OK, some of the directions are a little confusing, the pictures are a little hard blurry at times, and she skips some things I think are important (clipping curves?), but otherwise well written. And the dolls are so freaking cute.

One doll is done except for embroidering the face and thread clean-up, and one doll is in pieces. A third doll is cut and ready to be sewn and stuffed.






Other than that, I did finish the Colorist quilt top since my last WIP post. I don't know if I posted a picture of the complete top yet, so here that is.





And finally I am working on getting my first swap organized. More information to come on Friday, but here is a sneak peak:

Modern Low Volume Fat Quarter Swap


I am linking up with WIP Wednesday hosted by Lee at Freshly Pieced.

If you have't entered already, you can enter to win a Sewing Machine Seam Guide on this post!

10 comments

March 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM

That colourist quilt top is stunning!

March 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM

To me looks like your dolls have a million pieces. Looks like much work. I love your colorist quilt. Such beautiful colors and fabric.

March 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Love the colorist quilt. It is really fabulous. The grey background really sets off the colors.

March 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Your colourist quilt top is so beautiful!

March 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Such great fabric choices for your colorist quilt!

March 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

The colorist quilt top is stunning!

March 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I love the circles - I always like the color on grey combination ;-)

March 27, 2013 at 11:38 PM

That quilt top is fantastic! I love your dolls, too ;) They're going to be super cute!

March 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM

These projects are so great! Really impresisive.
ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

March 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Your colourist quilt top is Gorgeous! The dolls are very cute too. Nice job.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...