Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Colorist WIP and March goals

I can't believe it is March already. I need to start thinking of the boys' birthday already, and start planning for that. But my machine arrived last Friday and I have been busy sewing my heart out with her since she arrived.

My current works-in-progress

The Colorist quilt top. This is for a sample top for the LQS near my house, Fabric Nosherie (which by the way is up for sale, anyone interested in buying an awesome modern quilt shop?).


This baby is almost done. One more seam to go, and the main goal for my March Lovely Year of Finishes is finished. Again I feel like a slacker since everyone else is finishing quilts, but the top is all I need to finish for the quilt store. 

 But I did realize that this would make the perfect cover for my round table, so I may be making a Colorist of my own soon, minus the last seam to square it up. 

I also started up a quick dress from a tee shirt for little Miss H last night. I will hopefully have that done today and she will have a new spring dress to wear. It's a little full at the seam and I hope to fix that by adding a belt. This dress was inspired by Make It and Love It's Pleated Dress tutorial. That was initially one of my March goals too, to make a dress for Miss H. I am blowing through my goals already on this first week!



And finally since I am almost done with my initial March goals, I decided to push myself and finish my Redbird bee quilt top. I had my bee gals use Kristy Daum's ModD9P tutorial with one change, they had the choice to use either 4 or 5 print/non-white solids per 9 patch. This is what I had when I got my blocks back in December. 

I sewed up 12 more of my own. Now to piece all these blocks and make a spectacular quilt top. 

My official March goal list:

Finish Colorist quilt top (one seam to go)
Finish dress for Miss H (belt to go)
Finish bee block top (lots to go)

Bee blocks for March (three bees, four blocks total)

Linking up with Claire from Sewing Over Pins who is guest hosting WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. Also linking up with Fiber of All Sorts Lovely Year of Finishes 2013

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

17 comments

March 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Oooh, that Colorist quilt top is just lovely. As is your daughter in her new dress. Well done on going through your official goals like that!

March 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Both quilts are going to be lovely; I really like the colors in both.

March 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM

You have been busy! For the modd9p did you have them just do the 9 patches or cut them apart and piece them into blocks?

March 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Love that modDNP! Looking great!

March 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM

The Colorist top is absolutely amazing! Just wow!

Love your sweet little tater tot too!

March 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM

The Colorist looks great and Eeeee!!! your ModD9P looks great too.

Your are rolling right along, keep up the momentum.

March 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM

That colorist quilt top is amazing. I want to make that but circles seem so intimidating. I'm loving looking through your blog - thanks for sharing!

March 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Love it, some of my fabric fabrics...Chicopee!

March 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM

LOVING your Colorist top! So nice. I want to make one of those some day...

March 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Your Colorist top turned out great! And the dress is adorable (as is your little one)!

March 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Love "the colorist"! Is that Lizzy House's pattern? If so, I have the same one sitting unopened in my wish list pile ;)

Also, I just had to comment on the fabric for the dress--which is adorable btw--because I just cut the exact fabric last night for a scrappy quilt in the works -- I restash rather minimally these days so I am always surprised to recognize other people's fabrics in my own aging {er, "vintage"} collection ;) Well well done!

March 7, 2013 at 5:20 AM

I love your disappearing 9 patch, looks amazing. I might have to try it out. The colorist also looks fantastic!

March 7, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Love your work for the quilt shop, hey why don't you buy it??

March 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I hope you liked doing the ModD9P, it is what I am picking for next month for our Harmony DGS quilt. So funny that you just made one. : )

March 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Love the Colorist top! Thanks for the link to the ModD9P.

March 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Your colorist quilt is awesome!!!

March 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Wow, the Colorist is stunning!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...