Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sweet Pouch Swap

First of all I am so sorry Elizabeth for not posting the gorgeous pouch you made for me sooner. I took an Instagram picture of it at the hair salon the day after I received it and planned on blogging about it then, but I just forgot. I think the stress of getting my own pouch done for my partner was wearing on me.

Here is the lovely pouch I received from Elizabeth at Woozy Quilts.

Both sides are different, one has an aqua (my favorite color) wonky star. I love the fussy cut tea pot!


And the other has this amazing rainbow twisted fabric that I just love. 


And of course since the theme of this swap was sweets, it was stuffed with yummy candy, yummy fabric, and the awesome Pac-Man band aids. And the pouch was lined with this adorable blender fabric, how perfect!



Thank you Elizabeth for my amazing pouch!

And here is the pouch I made for my partner. All I had to go on from her was she liked aqua/sea foam green and chevrons. I hope she likes the pouch! I had fun making my first pouch! 



I used Elizabeth Hartman's Perfect Zip pattern, style C, the large size. I pieced the tiny HSTs to make the 6.5 inch patchwork centerpiece on both sides. I paired it with some Osnaburg for a linen like look, and I love how soft the Osnaburg fabric is. I did simply quilting on the sides, just straight line quilted about an inch apart. And although the HSTs were a pain, this almost stayed home with me, because I loved it so much. The only thing I would change in the future is the jump ring. I could not find split rings at my craft store or LQS so I had to raid my key drawer and steal the ring off one of my keys. I can't wait until the new Joann's opens in March, less than 5 minutes from my house!

Thanks Ros of Sew Delicious for organizing this swap! I had a blast and will definitely consider joining again! I think I may have a new love of pouches now that I am over my fear of zippers!

15 comments

February 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Both pouches are adorable Kelly, good job on the patchwork chevron.

I can't wait for that Jo-Ann's to open either, it's less then 5 min. from our guild meetings.

February 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Kelly, this turned out great! I think I'm catching the pouch-bug, too. Once you conquer a few zippers, the sky's the limit, you know? :)

February 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Awesome pouches! You have a lot of patience to piece all those tiny hst's.

February 24, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Amazing Kelly! That piecing is so perfect! I love it and I'm sure your partner will love it too. Thank you so much for being part of the swap :)

February 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I also used Elizabeth Hartman bag book. It is sooo good. I absolutely love the chevron pouch you made. Now I have something new to make my scraps into. I am going to have to make one, it is so gorgeous. I can't wait for mine to arrive from my secret person

February 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

PS - if you do not want all the anonymous spam. Go to "settings, posts and comments" then change it from Anyone, to Registered Users. That way you don't need to deal with all the spam. Cheers

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...