Monday, February 25, 2013

Craft Room Clean-up Party

To be honest, I didn't even know that Em from Sewing by Moonlight was hosting a cleaning party for those of us who were not going to Quilt Con, I just happened to do some organizing too. On Friday I was having my own little pity party from watching all the fun Quilt Con Instagram pictures coming in and I decided to get out of the house and go to Target. Lucky for me they had these three drawer organizers on sale at the time and I grabbed three (I really should have taken a picture of the shopping cart with three of these plus three kids!).


A couple of hours of organizing while the little one was napping, and I had this


All my scraps from a way overflowing bin organized by color. I did mention in my IG picture that I could have used one more organizer for my solids, selvages and other fabric (which I picked up the next day). 

And having a nicely organized system of scraps led to a quick sewing area pick-up. Let me stress QUICK because it still needs work, but this is so much better than before.


My large cutting mat above does not live there, I was just cutting that lovely FQ stack for my next project and I didn't want to be in the COLD basement while cutting 30 FQs. 


Yes those cabinets are in desperate need of new paint, it's definitely on the list of things to do around the house (after the master bedroom and kitchen get painted!) 

The best part is three of those organizers fit almost perfectly under my sewing table. The last one sticks out about an inch and a half, but that is awesome. The fourth one I bought will have to go in the basement. 


My hubby also cut a piece of acrylic to fit around my machine so I count flush mount it with my table. 


Little did I know that two days later...

I would be the proud, EXCITED new owner of the best Quilt Con souvenir possible. So, now I have more cleaning to do, and hubby has more work to do, because this baby is too big for the current hole in my table (but lucky for me there is room for him to modify my table). Jenny, the Janome, will hopefully be here early next week. I am linking up with Sewing by Moonlight's "The Big Clean" party. 


5 comments

February 25, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Awesome sewing machine! Isn't that the best feeling ever, when you have your room all organized and just waiting for fresh projects to begin.

February 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I'm using the same bins as you :) They are making my life so much easier, no more being distracted by boxes and piles!

February 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Isn't it so nice to work in these organized spaces? I wonder now why I did not clean mine up sooner. Yours looks great.

February 27, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I have all of my scraps shoved into one of those bins. I desperately need to go get a couple more of them (but then where would I put them?!). Your room looks great and I'm extremely jealous of your new machine!

March 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I love your bins! Mine are way too small and overflowing. I may try yours to corral my scraps.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...