Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Year of Finishes February Goal

I definitely admit I took too much on this year. From three bees each month; the projects the fabric store wants me to make; swaps and challenges, I am definitely getting overwhelmed. And sewing for myself has been put way back on the back burner. This is not how it should be. But at least there is an end in sight. But for the time being I am going to set some small goals to get them off my list and ease my stress level a bit.

My goal for February is to finish my "Sweet Pouch Swap." This is about as far as I have gotten so far, although I did get another 60 - 1.5 inch HSTs trimmed last night so I can make up the rest of my tiny chevrons.



Technically it needs to be in the mail by February 15th, so this is only 1/2 of my month goal. I know, I need to only list one February goal, but most of the other goal bloggers post are for quilt finishes and I felt I was slacking for only posting a pouch.

So my other goals for the month is to get my bee blocks done by the 15th and start "The Colorist" for the fabric store. I am afraid I might not have much free time in the near future since the master bedroom project is almost complete. My husband and father-in-law have done everything in the room up to this point, but we hired a guy to finish the drywall. Today is the third day he has been here, and he might be done after today. Which means it's my turn to help out and wash, prime and paint the walls. I can't wait to have our own room! We've been in our fixer-upper house for almost 10 years and we've never spent the night in the official master bedroom yet.


I am linking up with Fiber of All Sorts and Sew Bittersweet's Lovely Year of Finishes, I hope you do too!

5 comments

February 7, 2013 at 1:43 PM

oooo new rooms! so fun! hope it's done soon :)

February 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Been there, done that with the commitments. It's so hard to say No sometimes.

Good Luck, and Congrats on the soon-to-be finished bedroom.

February 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Exciting about your bedroom! 10 years without sleeping in it? Where the heck did you sleep? Just being nosy, you don't have to answer that. You have a lot going on, plus 3 kiddos! In my opinion, the pouch is for sure a full month goal on top of all the other commitments. And are you work g for a store now too? That's exciting.

February 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM

What a great project. Thanks for linking up for sure!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...