Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Circles

I finally am posting a WIP Wednesday! Since I only have a few minutes left before H wakes from her nap, here is what I have been up to lately - these are mostly Instagram pics, feel free to add me _livelovecreate.

I sewed my first zipper! In preparation for a sample the local quilt store wanted me to make, I made an Ear Bud pouch using Erin's awesome tutorial.


Here is the finished sample for my local quilt store. The pattern is called Feed the Animals Coin Pouch from Straight Stitch Society



do.Good Harmony circle blocks for January. We were asked to make 3 low volume blocks in white, cream, grey and tan.


Charity quilt for Quilt Con. Each Modern Quilt Guild was sent a number of blocks from the Quilt Con Challenge last year. We received 6 blocks and I had to come up with a layout for the quilt top and piece it. It finishes at the minimum size The Modern Quilt Guild recommended, 68 x 88 inches. I passed it on to our quilter during our January meeting. By the way we received the blocks in December and this quilt is due in Texas on February 1st. 


Redbird Bee blocks. These are from November and December respectively. 



And finally I started my Madrona Road Challenge quilt. I hope to have it done by January 31st, but it's officially due at our February guild meeting. I raw-edge appliqued circles and then cut them in quarters.



Not bad when you consider I was sick from Christmas until the middle of January! I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. Thanks for stopping in!

7 comments

January 16, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Wow, love all of it, especially those Madrona Road blocks! x

January 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Love those Maradona Road circle blocks.

January 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Love your Madrona Road wriggles!

January 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM

You've got so much going. Congrats on the zipper. My first time was a bust, but I'm planning on trying again soon. :) Love all of the challenge projects you're working on.

January 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Oh, so much to look at here! I love those low volume blocks and the Madrona Road curves. It is all just lovely!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...