Thursday, June 7, 2012

More Appliqued Onesies


Now that I know the super secret pack arrived at Melissa's, I can share the little baby gift I made up for her Rocket Man. I made her little guy some appliqued onesies. (Yes, I used my Pazzles machine on all of these, I know, I have a serious addiction to this machine now.)

The Elephant made a reappearance, only in blue now


A rocket ship suitable for her "Rocket man"


And my favorite, the love monkey


These were all fused on Heat 'N Bond lite and raw edge appliqued onto the onesie. The elephant and monkey had some little details I embroidered and I wrote the sayings on the onesies using Crayola's Fabric Markers, which by the way will probably NOT make the Terrific Tool Tuesday list. I hated how fat the tips were and you can see the shadowing effect on "Rocket Man" especially. The sayings were printed out first in a cute font and I slipped the paper in behind the onesie and traced the letters, definitely use a light box for this technique, but it is possible to do it without (at 11:30 PM). 

Congrats to Melissa and her newest addition!


Disclaimer: I am a part of the Amazon Affiliates program. I get compensated for products that are purchased through links from this website, although I don't think it's much. But I wanted to be all legal and stuff.

8 comments

June 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I love the little monkey's face. Thanks for the tips on making the text! These onesies turned out great!

June 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM

oh my goodness I NEED to make that monkey one with a little pink bow on the ear for my upcoming babes! where did you get the pic of the monkey? or did you draw it yourself?

June 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I absolutely LOVE these onesies!! I wondered how you cut the designs. /they're just so perfect!

I personally love my Crayola fabric markers and give them as gifts, even! I've never used them on knit, though. They work great on quilting cotton.

June 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Your onsies are so adorable! Love the monkey!

June 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I've been looking to do some embroidery, on a quilt, but was struggling to transfer the type/font. I tried using an iron on marker. That didn't work so well. This looks easier and great! Thanks for the idea.

June 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

How do you get your stitching so close the the edge and even? Do you free motion this or just stop and go a ton? Does your machine have needle down? Mine doesn't and always messes me up when I'm trying to do this.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...