I am busting my butt trying to get this For the Love of Solids swap done, and on top of the pressure of the swap, I think I have a wicked sinus infection. We will see what the doctor says this afternoon. Hopefully she can get me something better than Sudafed to battle this... breastfeeding and all that, I can't take the good meds.
So here is what I got done this weekend, sinus infection and all... I made a wall hanging, so the back is really nothing special. I was a little worried when I was piecing the flowers together that it would really look horrible, but I think it turned out OK. I am not 100% sold on the pieced sashing, but I needed something there to tie it all together. I am seriously reconsidering my original plan of making 3 full quilts from this pattern... the pattern is not hard, but it is time-consuming to say the least. But at least I have until the end of the year for those.
It's about 60% basted, and then little H started to complain about being stuck in her chair. Hopefully this afternoon I will get it completely basted and work on quilting. I am just going for straight-line quilting on this, probably in a crosshatch pattern as the quilt pattern suggests. I fear those petal corners though, that's a lot of fabric to go through... here's to chugging along while you are under the weather. Hopefully I can get this AND my Redbird bee block done by Saturday. Wish me luck (and good meds)!