Sunday, January 22, 2012

All Mixed Up

I decided to drop out of the Sew Happy Geek QAL, I don't know why I joined in the first place, other than I wanted to do a QAL in 2012. I have nothing against this QAL, I just am not one for sampler quilts. So, with those blocks off my list of things to do, I did a little sewing for myself this weekend. And it felt so good!

This is the Mosaic block from last year's Summer Sampler QAL. I laid out two versions:

 The prints and solids together


And the prints and solids all mixed up.


 If you read the title of this post, you will probably tell I am leaning towards the mixed up layout. I'm thinking about going really crazy and adding a mustard color block too... mostly because I have the Echo Spring Bud print coming for a charm swap, and I just happened to have ordered a little extra. I am not exactly sure what color that print is, but I think it is close to the Bella Golden Wheat that I had on hand.


So, what do you think? 


5 comments

January 22, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Mix it up. Add mustard. Sounds like a good recipe to me! :)
Good for you for dropping out of the QAL early...cuts out the guilt (and the 5 abandoned blocks) down the line. Not that I know anything about that, of course.

January 22, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Ooh, I like the addition of that mustard color, it really pops.

I like both; but too am leaning more towards the Mixed up one.

January 22, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Go for the mixed up version with the addition of mustard. I think your instinct to add the color is spot on!

January 23, 2012 at 1:58 AM

What a patient woman you are Kelly - all that measuring,cutting and then sewing!
I would love to see the mustard added - spice it up I say!

February 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I love it! I was just working out a quilt like this in my head while driving today! Great minds and all that!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a comment. They always make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...